Recipes Using Vegan Cheese
Cheese takes us back to the time when Tom (the animated cat) used cheese as a bait to trap Jerry (the animated mouse). What’s so special about this food item called cheese. Not only humans but animals too are fascinated to have one bite of cheese. The yellow sponge faced food item is filled with small holes & when it is held, you can’t see it. Surely you are going to eat it as soon as possible. The softness & the feel that it gives to your mouth is simply unmatched to any other food going into your stomach. The other important feature that makes us think of cheese is its property of melting as soon as it touches the base of any other food item. Yes, you must be wondering what type of cheese am I talking about here? Surely I am referring to the delicious vegan cheese as well as tongue trickling. Let’s start this section of the article with the description of vegan cheese.
Mouth-Watering Vegan Cheese
The Vegan cheese is a plant cheese analog objective at vegans & other individuals who want to ignore animal products. Vegetarian cheese can be made up from seeds, like sesame & sunflower seeds, and among other ingredients. This cheese is cholesterol-free & a good source of protein. Cheese is one of the friendly dairy products all over the world.
How To Cook Vegan Cheese Recipe
People must know about How To Prepare Vegan Cheese Recipe. Read the following steps which are furnished below:
Ingredients Used In Vegan Cheese
- Half cup (2 ½oz/71g) raw cashew, soaked in boiled water for at least half hour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- Five tablespoons *agar agar, (depending on how firm you want it)
- One Tbsp nutritional yeast
- One tsp lemon juice, squeezed
- Two-Three teaspoons salt
- One & a Half cup boiled water
Optional add in:
- One tsp dry herbs of your choice
- Half teaspoon white or black pepper
- Half Tbsp cayenne pepper
- Take a large bowl, add the cashew, and add over boiling water until fully covered. Allow the cashews to soak for a min. of half hour – overnight.
- Add the tapioca starch, agar agar, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, lemon, & salt In a food processor or blender.
- Drain the soaked cashews then pour other ingredients within the food processor. Procedure the nuts and dry ellement till you reach a swish nut butter-like texture, scraping down the edges as required.
- Once the cashew cheese blend is smooth attentively & slowly stream in boiling water.
- Put the cheese blended to a small pot, place over the medium heat, & cook while whisking perpetually — just until the cheese thickens & becomes gooey.
- At that point, the cheese can be hot like a white cheddar queso cheese.
- A mozzarella-like cheese that can be grated or sliced put the gooey warm cheese to a bowl &allow to place in the refrigerator for a minimum of five hours.
- If you would like an even drier cheese, eliminate from the pan & cover in a paper towel or cheesecloth & allow to age in the refrigerator for one day.
- Cover & store the vegan cheese you use it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.