3 Power-packed Vegan Breakfast Recipes
You can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, but you can surely enjoy some power-packed vegan breakfast to feel energized. Send your kids to school after serving these tasty yet healthy breakfast options.
1. Banana-Almond Cream Shake
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
– Brown rice protein powder (vanilla), ½ scoop
– 1 banana
– Pea protein powder, ½ scoops
– Skim milk, ½ cup
– Whole almonds, 10
• In a blender, put every ingredient together and blend until it’s smooth.
• If you don’t like to skim milk, then you can alternatively opt for soy, almond, cashew or coconut milk. A super vegan breakfast option.
2. Vegan Breakfast Burrito
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
– Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
– Tofu, 1 package, washed and pressed
– Garlic cloves, 3
– Diced sweet onion, 2 cups
– Potato, diced, 1 cup
– Crimini mushrooms, sliced, 1.5 cups
– Nutritional yeast, ¼ cup
– Fresh basil, 3-4 tablespoons
– Fresh parsley, minced, 2 tablespoons
– Lemon juice, fresh, 1-1.5 tablespoon
– Kosher salt, a ¾ teaspoon
– Black pepper
– Salsa, green onion, cheese (for garnishing)
• Tofu shouldn’t have any stress of water, so press it for 20 minutes to drain the water from it.
• Heat a skillet on the medium heat. In it, add 1 teaspoon of oil. Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes when the oil gets warm.
• Add the diced potatoes and mushrooms into the skillet. Sauté all the ingredients for 12 minutes minimum. Reduce the heat if it is necessary. Stir very often so nothing sticks to the skillet bottom.
• Now cut the tofu into dice over the chopping board. The tofu pieces should be very small.
• In low heat, add in the tofu, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Sprinkle pepper and salt for seasoning. Continue the cooking process on low heat until the potato is completely cooked. It will take a few more minutes.
• Add the ¾ cup of the veggie mixture inside a large tortilla wrapper. Spoon some cheese and salsa for dressing and sprinkle some chopped green onion if you want.
3. Chickpea Pancake
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 small
– Green onion, 1, finely chopped
– Red pepper, finely chopped, ¼ cup
– Chickpea flour, ½ cup
– Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
– Sea salt, a ¼ teaspoon
– Black pepper, freshly ground, 1/8 teaspoon
– Baking powder, a ¼ teaspoon
– Red pepper flakes – optional
– Water, ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons
– Optional: hummus, avocado, cashew cream, salsa
• Over medium heat, place a skillet. Arrange a bowl. In it whisk garlic powder, chickpea powder, baking powder, pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes (optional), very well.
• Pour some water into the bowl and beat thoroughly to ensure no clumps are there. At least whisk for 15 seconds minimum, so that air bubble forms in the batter.
• Add all the chopped vegetables into the batter and fold in everything properly. When the skillet is hot, spray some cooking spray or olive oil over it.
• Pour 1/2 batter into the heated skillet. Immediately spread with a spoon across the whole pan. Cook one side for 5-6 minutes or less and then flip. The time will depend on how hot the pan is overheated. If you can put your spatula underneath the pancake when it is done on one side, then it’s time to flip. As it’s a chickpea pancake, the time of cooking will be longer compared to regular pancakes. Repeat the process for the second pancake.
• Serve it with your favorite toppings.