There are lots of vegetable recipes that taste delicious even when no non-vegetarian ingredients are part of the dish. You got to try these two recipes and see for yourself.
Vegetable Recipes With Pasta And Noodles
Pasta With Roasted Tomatoes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
– Cherry tomatoes, halved, 1 cup
– Olive oil, 3 tablespoons, divided
– Kosher salt,
– Black pepper
– Uncooked pasta, 1 pound
– Shallot, thinly sliced and peeled
– Garlic cloves, 6 large, minced and peeled
– Flour, 3 tablespoons
– Tomato paste, 3 tablespoons
– Dry rose wine, 1 ½ cups
– Whole milk, 2 cups
– Parmesan, ½ cup
– Baby spinach, 3 handfuls
– Fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, ¼ cup
– For Toppings: extra basil, extra Parmesan, toasted pine nuts, and/or red pepper flakes.
For Making Roasted Tomatoes
• Turn the oven heat to 400°F. In a baking sheet, spread parchment or foil. Now spread the cherry tomatoes over the prepared sheet.
• Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil Sprinkle some salt as well as pepper for taste. Bake for 20 minutes. After that keep the baking sheet on the cooling rack.
For Making Pasta
• Cook the pasta in a pot adding salted water as per the instruction in the package. Drain the water once the pasta is thoroughly cooked yet firm.
For Making The Sauce
• In a sauté pan add the remaining olive oil. Add in the shallot and stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes until it’s translucent and soft.
• Add 6 garlic cloves into the pan and sauté for 1 minute while stirring occasionally. Whisk in the garlic and stir for one more minute until its fragrant comes out.
• Stir in tomato paste and flour and combine with all ingredients in the pan. Keep it for 1 minute. Slowly pour the rose wine first, and then milk over the mixture. Whisk all things until combined.
• Until the sauce reached simmer while cooking continues to cook. It will thicken. Reduce the flame and simmer for minimum of 10 minutes. The sauce will reduce partially. Add the Parmesan. Season with some pepper and salt in a generous amount to taste right.
For Wrapping All Up
• Pour the cooked and drained pasta, baby spinach, roasted tomatoes, and basil leaves into the pan. Mix the sauce thoroughly. Serve it warm.
Sesame Peanut Noodles Cold
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
– Chinese egg noodles, 8 ounces
– Carrots, 1 large, diced or grated
– Cucumber, 1, diced or grated
– Red cabbage, small, finely chopped
– Fresh cilantro, chopped, 2/3 cup
– Green onions, thinly-sliced, ½ cup
– For toppings: Extra cilantro, sesame seeds, lime wedges, chopped peanuts
For Sesame Peanut Sauce
– Peanut butter, ¼ cup
– Lime juice, ¼ cup
– Soy sauce, 2-3 tablespoons
– Rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons
– Maple syrup, 1 tablespoon
– Toasted sesame oil, 1 tablespoon
– Garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, black pepper: each ingredient ½ teaspoon
• Cook the noodles until firm and soft. Drain the water and rinse the cooked noodles with cold water.
• In a bowl, pour all the sauce ingredients together and whisk thoroughly. Taste some extra soy sauce if required. If you think the sauce is too much thick, then add a little bit more water.
• Add the cabbage, cilantro, cucumber, green onions, and the chilled noodle in the pan of sesame peanut sauce. Toss to mix the sauce well. Serve it cold.